- All football games will be played on pitches 60 by 30 metres and surrounded by perimeter boards.
- Each match will be eight minutes each way.
- Each football team can use a squad of nine players for each game, with a maximum of six on the pitch at any one time. An unlimited number of substitutions can be made by each team at any time during the game.
- At least one footballer must be in the opposition's half at all times or a free-kick will be awarded to the opposition on the halfway line. This rule does not apply to a team which has had a player sent off.
- There is no offside.
- All free kicks must take place within five seconds or the decision is reversed. The opposition must be five metres away at free kicks.
- No minor injuries will be treated on the pitch. The clock will only be stopped for serious injury or time wasting.
- Sin bin will be used in an unofficial capacity for yellow card offences. The referee will suggest the player leaves the pitch for two minutes.
- Any player who receives a red card will be sent off immediately, cannot be replaced and will be banned for the next match. In the most extreme of cases, players will be banned from playing Masters football indefinately.
The Masters Football season runs from April 1 – 31 March. It consists of the Masters Cup
[June – Sept], the tour of Asia [Nov] and Home Nations or Dubai Cup [March]. Players
must be 35 in the year of the tournament.
In the unlikely event of a team being unable to field the requisite number of eligible players, an emergency loan system is in place to ensure team participation.